Terms and Conditions
In exchange for providing genuine promotion of 79mplus’s products and services, 79mplus trust (trading as 79mplus) will pay the Affiliate a percentage Commission of the price (excluding tax) of any WordPress plugins sold to a third party who accesses 79mplus.com through a referral link on the Affiliate’s website.
The current percentage Commission is 20% and is subject to change by 79mplus at any time. 79mplus will notify the Affiliate via email or any change to the Commission percentage.
Commission will be paid for the initial 1-year payment to purchase an annual or lifetime license for one of 79mplus’s plugins. It does not apply to any future renewals of the license.
Referral links should point to the main 79mplus website, for example to the homepage, Plugins page, individual plugin sales pages, or to blog posts/tutorials. No commission will be paid for affiliate links to a plugin demo site or to documentation pages in the knowledge base.
79mplus will keep accurate and up-to-date records of the data used to calculate the Commission owed to the Affiliate. The relevant totals will be made available to the Affiliate via the Affiliate Area of 79mplus.com.
Due to 79mplus’s 30-day refund policy, any Commissions for January will be paid in the first week of March; February Commissions will be paid during the first week of April; and so on throughout the year.
Payment will be made in USD to the PayPal account associated with the payment email address which the Affiliate provided during registration (which can be updated via the Affiliate Area).
Each payout will have a minimum amount of $50. Any payouts under the threshold will be rolled over and added to your next payout.
Commission will only be paid for valid referrals. 79mplus reserve the right to reject any referrals for any reason which we believe to be in violation of these Terms. For example, referrals will typically be rejected if any of the following applies:
- The sale that generated the commission has been refunded.
- The referral method violated our policies or the spirit of our policies.
- The purchase was made by the affiliate – for example, if they bought the plugin for their own use.
- The referral came from a link on a coupon sharing or discount site.
No commission will be paid for transactions that are later subject to refunds or chargebacks. If 79mplus has already paid Commission for a transaction which is later refunded or charged back then the Commission already paid will be deducted from a future payment.
79mplus is not responsible for any taxes that the Affiliate owes as a result of their relationship with 79mplus. The Affiliate is responsible for their own tax affairs.
Cookies are used to track usage of the referral links. Referrals can only be tracked if the customer clicks on the referral link and the cookie is successfully added to their device.
Cookies are stored for 30 days. If a customer purchases a plugin after the cookie has expired, or from a different browser or device from where they clicked the affiliate link, then no commission will be paid. Similarly, if cookies are disabled on the customer’s device then no referral will be recorded and it is not possible to pay affiliate commission on their purchase.
Approved promotional methods
Affiliates are encouraged to promote our plugins in a way that adds genuine value for your readers and for our potential customers. The idea is that you promote a product that you like and genuinely believe in, and earn commission as a reward – so everyone wins. For example:
- Write a blog post or plugin review – The best way to generate significant Commission is to write high quality, unique content about our plugins and publish it on your website. We are happy to suggest ideas of topics for you to write about.
- Social sharing – Regularly send tweets with your affiliate link, and share on Facebook and other social networks. These should offer genuinely useful information and recommendations of our plugins, and not spam your followers.
- Help others online – Lots of people would benefit from a 79mplus plugin, but they haven’t discovered us yet! For example, customers often post on online forums and Facebook groups asking how to achieve a particular task in WordPress or WooCommerce. If you know that our plugins will solve their problem, help them out and include your affiliate link. Facebook groups such as ‘WordPress Experts’ and ‘WooCommerce Help & Share’ are excellent for this.
- Refer clients – If you are a developer or agency and have regular clients who will benefit from our plugins, then share an affiliate link with them.
- Cross-promotion – If you sell complementary products such as other WordPress themes and plugins, then you can share the word about 79mplus’s plugins with your existing customer base. We’re always happy to chat about interesting use cases that will benefit all of our customers.
Prohibited promotional methods
- Coupon sites are not permitted because they are most likely to be used by customers already planning to purchase a 79mplus plugin. As a result, links on coupon code sites do not add genuine value.
- Confusing customers or pretending to be formally associated with 79mplus. Affiliates are not employees and have no formal connection with 79mplus, so you must not imply this.
- Any type of spam. Email, link spamming, comment spamming, etc. is not allowed. If you’re posting to a forum or comment thread, follow the rules of the website you’re on and ensure it adds real value.
- Anything illegal or morally offensive. All affiliate links should add genuine value and be intended to help and educate the reader.
It is permitted to promote our plugins by bidding on keywords in search engines or social media sites if you meet the following conditions:
- Do not bid keywords with variations of the 79mplus name, such as “79mplus”, “79mplus Plugin or “79mplus.com” either on its own or with additional terms (e.g. “79mplus discounts”) because this can be misleading.
- Don’t use any 79mplus website URL (e.g. 79mplus.com) as the ad’s display URL.
- Don’t directly link to 79mplus.com from any paid search ads. Instead, link to a landing page on your own website containing your affiliate link.
If we discover that your promotional methods do not meet these terms at any time, then we will reject any unpaid commissions and disable your affiliate account. We will normally notify you if this happens, but we may not contact you if we believe that you joined the affiliate program with the intention of breaking these terms.
License & intellectual property
79mplus agrees for the Affiliate to use the referral links and banners provided via the Affiliate Area to promote 79mplus’s products and services.
79mplus retains all rights, ownership, and interest in these materials, and in any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property. Nothing in these Terms grant the Affiliate any rights, ownership or interest in these materials, or in the underlying intellectual property, other than the rights to use them as granted under these Terms.
Relationship of Parties
Registering as an Affiliate does not create any employment relationship, agency relationship or partnership between 79mplus and the Affiliate. The Affiliate will promote 79mplus’s products as an independent party. The Affiliate will have no authority to bind 79mplus into any agreement, nor will the Affiliate be considered to be an agent of 79mplus in any respect.
Affiliate’s representations and warranties
The Affiliate represents and warrants that:
- They have the legal authority to enter into an agreement under these Terms.
- They will not distribute any unsolicited bulk emails or spam in relation to their promotion of 79mplus’s products or services.
- They will not use the 79mplus name or any of its products or services for any misleading purpose. This includes implying that 79mplus’s products or services are the Affiliate’s own; and using a domain name or other branding that is confusing similar to 79mplus’s name or its plugins.
- Their website does not contain any materials that are sexually explicit, obscene or pornographic; offensive, hateful, threatening, libelous or discriminatory in any way; graphically violent; or solicitous of any unlawful or misleading behaviour.
The Affiliate indemnifies and holds harmless 79mplus for any claim, damage, lawsuit or other consequences arising out of any breach of the Affiliate’s warranties under these Terms; or any other cost arising out of the Affiliate’s promotion of 79mplus’s products or services.
These terms will take effect as soon as the Affiliate submits the registration form for the Affiliate Program. Either party may terminate the agreement at any time and for any reason. No notice is required of termination. The Affiliate will receive commission for any transactions made through the referral link up until the date and time of the termination.
After termination, the Affiliate may continue promoting 79mplus’s products and services (unless 79mplus specifically requests that this stops), however they will no longer receive commission for any transactions made through the referral link.
Removal of online information
The Affiliate is expected to promote 79mplus’s products and services in an accurate, ethical and responsible way.
79mplus reserves the right to request that any online material the Affiliate has published relating to the products and services is removed from the Internet. The Affiliate must comply with any removal requests within 2 working days.
Limitation of liability
79mplus shall not be liable for any loss of profits or costs, or for any other direct or indirect damages arising out of any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination, or any other performance of services under these Terms.
If any part of these Terms is held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.